Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Mill Rose Inn - A designer's perspective

The Mill Rose Inn is a charming bed & breakfast in the heart of Half Moon Bay.  It has been owned and operated by Terry and Eve Baldwin for the past 30 years.  I was fortunate to have discovered this B&B online in my quest to find a local weekend get-away.  As an interior designer, I cannot help but be critical of visual details when selecting a hotel.  Based on the online photographs, the Mill Rose Inn seemed perfect, but of course one can never be sure until one has had first-hand experience.  My husband and I booked a weekend trip to the inn, and we had such a wonderful time that I had to share it with my readers.

As soon as we arrived at the Mill Rose Inn, I was thrilled to find that the property was even lovelier than the website had portrayed.  The moment we entered our suite, we were completely blown away by the luxurious accommodations.  Words cannot describe how exquisite the rooms were.  The attention to detail was impeccable, not just with the vast range of amenities, but in the decor.  The rooms were a brilliant combination of Victorian, Rococo, and English country.  Antiques adorned every corner, and the views were gorgeous, creating a cozy English cottage feel.

The Renaissance Rose Suite
    
 Terry gave us a tour of the room pointing out all the included amenities, and offered us in-room breakfast, snacks, and a turn-down service.  My husband and I spent over an hour wandering around our room discovering all the little details---terry-cloth robes and slippers, an ample supply of egyptian cotton towels, a stocked complimentary mini-fridge, a hand-painted fireplace, as well free Wi-fi, and much more.  We were overwhelmed by the luxury and beauty within the space.  The views of the beautifully kept gardens were amazing (we booked the Renaissance Rose Suite for those who are interested in the best view).  The downstairs dining room was inviting, and had a round-the-clock dessert buffet with some of the best pastries I have ever tasted.  We felt immediately at home and had a weekend more relaxing than any I can remember.

   

Words cannot fully describe what a blissful experience we had at the Mill Rose Inn.  I want to thank Terry and Eve for their amazing service and accommodations, and wish them continued success.  We will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment